Library Board Meetings
(Public welcome, 3rd Wednesday of each month @ 5:00 pm, at Library)
(2nd Wednesday of Jan., April, July, and Oct. @ 5:00 pm at the Library)
- January 1: New Year’s Day 2020 (W)
- January 20: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (M)
- February 17: Presidents’ Day (M)
- April 10: Good Friday
- May 25: Memorial Day (M)
- June 6: Rhubarb Festival (Sa)
- June 20: Art in the Park (Sa)
- July 3 and 4th: Independence Day (F and Sa)
- August 1: Buffalo Bill Days (Sa)
- September 7: Labor Day (M)
- November 11: Veteran’s Day (M)
- November 26 and 27: Thanksgiving (TH and F)
- December 24: Christmas Eve (TH)
- December 25: Christmas Day (F)
- December 31: New Year’s Eve (TH)
- January 1st: New Year’s Day 2021 (F)
On April 15th, 2020, the Lanesboro Library Board approved book distribution to library card patrons who ‘request materials through SELCO.’ Please check the Lanesboro Public Library Website and/or Facebook page for ongoing information.
Library Director, Tara Johnson, can be reached via email and phone at the following: firstname.lastname@example.org #(507) 467-2649
Step by Step for Library Card Patrons to follow when requesting materials through SELCO:
Step #1: Lanesboro Public Library Website: http://www.lanesboro.lib.mn.us OR
Lanesboro Public Library Catalog: https://selco.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/lan
Step #2: Click on ‘LOG IN’ at the top of the page.
Type in ‘Card Number’ from the back of your library card.
Type in ‘PIN’ – 4 digit code. (Last 4 of phone number or a # sequence you have for your card.)
Step #3: Search for a book of your choice, then… click on
Step #4: Complete request-see here ——-> = SUCCESS!
*** Curbside pick-up services for materials will occur MONDAYS & THURSDAYS: 11:00am-1:00pm. ***
SELCO We Connect Libraries.
(Southeastern Libraries Cooperating/Southeast Library System)
A wide variety of electronic resources for education and entertainment. Be sure to scroll all the way down; there are many resources for all ages on this page:
What if you thought of it
as the Jews consider the Sabbath—
the most sacred of times?
Cease from travel.
Cease from buying and selling.
Give up, just for now,
on trying to make the world
different than it is.
Sing. Pray. Touch only those
to whom you commit your life.
And when your body has become still,
reach out with your heart.
Know that we are connected
in ways that are terrifying and beautiful.
(You could hardly deny it now.)
Know that our lives
are in one another’s hands.
(Surely, that has come clear.)
Do not reach out your hands.
Reach out your heart.
Reach out your words.
Reach out all the tendrils
of compassion that move, invisibly,
where we cannot touch.
Promise this world your love–
for better or for worse,
in sickness and in health,
so long as we all shall live.
For the health and safety of our community, the library will be closed effective Tuesday, March 17.
- Due dates and fines are suspended
- Don’t forget that you can access e-books and audio books via our website
- Watch our social media pages for additional resources and updates
- All Library programs are cancelled through April 30